Univista Insurance is founded on the principle of helping people find and purchase insurance.
Univista Insurance are Insurance Agencies that represent many Insurance Companies,
Insurance Brokers, Managing General Agencies and promises to keep your personal information
safe and confidential.
We know that you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy very seriously.
We collect information from you for the following reasons: obtain insurance quotes on your behalf from insurance companies, Insurance
Brokers and Managing General Agencies, contact for careers, and other services that require
your information. We want you to understand how we protect your privacy and how we collect and
use your information.
- We gather information you provide us on the Internet, by phone, via a mobile application, by email, through our service providers, or by any other means.
- We use your information only to conduct our business and provide you insurance quotes, sales and services..
- We will share your information with your selected agent, customer service representative, insurance companies, insurance brokers, Managing General Agencies,that provide certain products or services you request through us.
- We will not share your information with other companies for their independent marketing purposes.
- We do not and will not sell your personal information.
- We extensively secure access to your information.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information about you to quote and service your insurance policy.
This includes information you provide us on the Internet, by phone, via a mobile application, by email, through our service providers, or by any other means.
We collect information through your agent, by phone, on the internet, by email, via a mobile app, our service providers, or by any other means such as your:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Driver’s license number
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Marital status
- Type of vehicle
- Information about other drivers
We do not make this information available to the public.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR TRANSACTIONS
We may collect information about your transactions with us and others. It may include information such as vehicle reports, consumer credit information, demographic information, insurance histories, and insurance claims reports and vehicle changes. It also includes information that we require for billing and payment purposes.
INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES
We may receive information about you from consumer reporting agencies, affiliated and nonaffiliated third parties. It may include information such as vehicle reports, consumer credit information, demographic information, insurance histories, and insurance claims reports. The information is kept by the consumer reporting agencies, affiliated and non-affiliated third parties and disclosed by them to others as permitted by law.
Your current location is only used if you permit our Univista mobile app and website to do so. Using our mobile app you can either talk to a nearby agent or have one contact you based on your insurance needs and location
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
Information about our current, former, or potential customers may be disclosed, but only as permitted or required by law, or as permitted or directed by the customer or consumer.
For example, we may disclose such information to affiliated and non-affiliated insurance companies, insurance agents, reinsurance companies, insurance support organizations, such as consumer reporting agencies, government entities, and claims administrators. We may also disclose such information to non-affiliated third parties that perform services or functions on our behalf including the marketing of our products or services. Further, we may also disclose such information as necessary to effect, administer or enforce a transaction that you request or authorize, or in connection with servicing or processing a transaction that you request or authorize.
The following are examples of situations in which we may disclose such information:
- Your information may be passed between us and our agents, appraisers, attorneys, investigators, and others who may be involved in the sales and marketing of Univista products and services, processing of applications, and servicing of policies or claims.
- If you request a comparison quote, your information may be shared with an affiliated insurance agent and third party insurance companies in order to provide you with the requested comparison quotes.
- We provide your policy information to adjusters and other appropriate business entities that make any necessary repairs to your vehicle or property insured by us when you have a claim.
- We may provide your information to others whom we determine need such information to perform insurance or other professional functions for us. These may include parties helping us with administrative services and consumer reporting agencies.
- We may supply information as required by search warrant, subpoena, or legal process, to state insurance departments, or other law enforcement or government authorities when required by law, or to protect our own legal interests in the event of suspected illegal or fraudulent activities.
- If we collect your information as an agent for one of our business partners, we may use it to contact you or make you an offer regarding insurance products that may be of interest to you.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We restrict access to your information to our employees and others who must use it to provide our products and services. We train our employees to safeguard customer information. Their use of the information is limited by law, our employee code of conduct, and written agreements where appropriate.
We limit access to our servers and require our employees to adhere to high standards of ethics and integrity. Also, when you enter sensitive information, such as any personal information, we encrypt the transmission of that information using the Transport Layer Security (TLS) certificate. The information you provide is saved in strict confidence.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
Beginning on January 1, 2020, if you are a resident of California, you have additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act regarding certain personal information Univista may have about you. For more information about these rights and about Univista’s practices with regard to such personal information, please review Univista’s California Consumer Privacy Act Supplemental Notice.